The Dufaux brothers, Charles and Frédéric, began manufacturing automobiles in Geneva in 1904. Their first vehicle was the Dufaux Race Car, which was built specially for the Gordon Bennett Cup, an international car race that took place every year. This exceptional model is fitted with the first eight-cylinder inline engine for road use.
A few years earlier, in 1898, Lorenz Popp manufactured this wonderful two-seater. Switzerland’s oldest car features a four-stroke, two-cylinder parallel engine and what is known as a hot-tube igniter. It is a development of the fififi rst Benz Patent Motor Car.